HOME Part 1. Part 2. Part 3. Part 4. Part 5. Annexes

Correspondence Forms External Communications Internal Communications

Foreign Service Correspondence Forms

Conduct of Official Correspondence

All official communications within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Service are addressed to the minister of foreign affairs indicating below the addressee, the office or person concerned.

When communicating with other agencies of the Philippine government, correspondence is conducted on a minister-to-minister basis.

All communications with foreign governments are coursed through their respective ministries of foreign affairs.

Types of Foreign Service Correspondence

There are two general categories of official correspondence in the foreign service, namely:

1)for External Communications
with foreign governments and/or their diplomatic and consular representatives; and
2)for Internal Communications
within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and/or with the other agencies of the Philippine government.